1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Top fender basses for jazz band

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1805, Jan 22, 2013.

1. bassman1805

bassman1805

My jazz band recently got a grant from Fender, so I'm looking for people's opinions on how different fender products work in a jazz band. A wide range of prices would be nice, as the final results will have a lot to do with what the band's board of directors decide on, and what Fender is actually willing to give us.
  2. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

Jazz can be played on any bass so I’m not sure what you're asking for?
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

How about a jazz bass? :)
  4. Catbuster

Catbuster

Aerodyne kills everything made by Fender. If not, an MIM standard Jazz would work really well. The American Deluxe Jazz is been a killer bass for jazz.
  5. atomicdog

atomicdog

Not sure how much of a grant you're talking about You can use any bass, though the JB is a good choice (a P can get those nice mids as well). My son played in a jazz band with my 1999 P Lyte Precision (which has both Jazz and P pickups) and it was great. You might want to consider a JB just for the sleeker, faster neck, but then again that depends on your playing style. BTW, if you're looking to go fretless, those standard Fender fretless JBs are great tone-wise (even rivaling the more pricey Jaco).