1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tortoise shell or colored pickup covers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimBosby, Nov 3, 2012.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

So I was thinking it might be cool to have red tortoise shell P/J covers on a bass of mine.

I know I saw these once and am frankly surprised it is not done more often. Not uncommon on guitar, so why not on bass.

Anyone know where I can get bass pickup covers (preferably P/J) in colors other than black, white, or creme? Red tortoise shell (pickguard material?) would be ideal....

Even if it's just like tortoise shell decal material that I could wrap them in...

Thanks!
    -Tim
  2. TimBosby

Found some tortoise shell adhesive decal sheets.
  3. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Interesting question, id like to see what happens here
  4. IPA

IPA

5. TimBosby

I ended up canceling my order for the pickguard adhesive sheets. Too much work (Yes I'm THAT lazy. :))

The Krylon looks interesting though. We'll see. This is just a beater project to experiment on.
  6. JACink

JACink

Where did you find the adhesive sheets?
  7. TimBosby