1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TPB Needs Your Help! READ THIS AND REPLY!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by ThePerfectBass, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ThePerfectBass

ThePerfectBass Supporting Member

We need your help! We want to know what we can do to serve our customers better. Use this thread to tell us what you want!

Here's a few questions to kick off the discussion:

What brands would you like to see us carry?
    What price ranges fit your budget for basses, amps, cabs or accessories?
    Should we stock more 4 string, 5 string, 6 string basses?
    What strings or cables are you interested in?

Tell us what you want...we'll listen!

Peace!
  2. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Well, first I would get the link right in your signature ;) The text is correct but the URL is wrong.
  3. ThePerfectBass

Doh! Thanks Sean...got it.
  4. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

It's going to be tough to tear me away from Beaver @ BC.
    I use DR stings on my Warwicks, they seem to be popular around here. I use La Bella's on my F Bass, and I need Dingwall strings for my Dingwalls.
    You carry Eden that's good.
    I use Live Wire insrument and Speakon cables and Mogami patch cables. Right now I need a DI cable.
    Other than that my G.A.S list is pretty much handled for now.
    I didn't see Racks, I use Road Ready, most use SKB. I'll have to look at accessories again.

Oh, and a TB discount!!!!!!
  5. UtBDan

UtBDan

I think you're going to find most of us want to buy the same old 4 stringers; but I think it would be a great deed for all of us if you got into more 'niche' basses and were the most active supplier of the harder to find ones - fretless Bongos, Modulus J-basses, entire Spector series (I visited the site - one Spector bass... still one more than the rest of the internet world seems to have. I applaud that.), etc.
    That's one thing I object to with the poll in the other thread. Most every bassist plays 4 strings - but I don't know about the bassists that are looking immediately for 'The Perfect Bass' with a $3000 budget are looking for 4 bangers.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. Hope I helped though. lol
  6. bass349

bass349

well for starters.. international shipping would be great!
  7. Robert TPB

Robert TPB ThePerfectBass.com

We ship internationally with FedEx, however we can only sell Music Man in the United States.

We know our site doesn't support international orders the way we would like it to. We hope to have that changed in the next few months by allowing customers to place international orders online. Until then, if you would like to place an order, email us your phone number and we will be happy to call you.
  8. Aj*

Aj*

I tell you what would be awesome, become the first US distributor for another of Germany's finest amplification manufacturers, Tech Soundsystems: http://www.tech-soundsystems.de/

Stupidly light and with an incredible look and frequency response (relative to cabinet size) and a really punch, clear and dynamic sound, I can't really describe the sound but I left the shop sweating after testing some of their stuff over in Germany it was that much fun. I fortunatley live in the UK where there is a distributor but I've been spreading the word about them around TB where many TBers have been gutted to discover the absence of a US dealer. If you get there first, you may well find yourself with a good new business line on your hands. Oh and as for the Bad Cab... (4x10+2x12+2x10+2xTweeter). Well, it speaks for itself really, it's baaaaad.
  9. ThePerfectBass

Well...the tech-soundsystems stuff looks pretty cool. If they're at NAMM in Austin we'll check them out! :)
  10. Motorhead Mark

Motorhead Mark

Why the bass list isn't in alphabetical doesn't make sense, but anyways...How about more than just 6 Laklands to choose from. And a selection from the enitre line, not just 1 US and 5 Skyline 44/55's.
  11. Tony Oppenheim

Tony Oppenheim

Disclosures:
    Author, Slap It! Funk Studies for the Electric Bass
    James,

I would suggest adding more Bass Books to your web site.

Lol!

Congrats on the new Forum!

Tony
  12. ThePerfectBass

HA! :) Sweet, I think I'll do that!!!
  13. ThePerfectBass

Hi Mark,
    The reason we have so few Laklands to choose from at the moment is because we had a little run on our Lakland inventory recently...

Also, Lakland only makes so many basses per month...and we get as many as we can in...

Sounds like you're a Lakland fan! PM me if there's something I can help you with!

Peace!
  14. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Hmmmm.....

Would sure like to have a place nearby that handles Bergantino cabs.....

And would also like to be able to buy LaBella flats without having to mail-order 'em...... :)
  15. moorebass

moorebass Supporting Member

Basses:
    F Bass
    MTD American

Cabs:
    Bergantino
    Epifani
    Aguilar

Strings:
    DR

Pickups:
    Nordstrand

On board preamps:
    Aguilar
    Demeter
  16. thehurlatron

thehurlatron

But that ONE US model they have in stock is DREAMY!
  17. astronauts_suck

astronauts_suck

One word.

Rickenbacker
  18. ThePerfectBass

Ha! You know, we've been talking to the guys over at Ric for about a year now, and they seem to have more dealers than they can handle... We'll continue to try and get them in though!

Peace!
  19. ThePerfectBass

It's yours now! :)
  20. thehurlatron

thehurlatron

Thanks again! I can't wait untill it arrives.:hyper:

Talkbass=bad news for my wallet.