1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Traben array 5 string. Good bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RLO, Nov 25, 2012.

1. RLO

RLO

I have an opportunity to purchase a Traben array 5 string for a couple hundred.
    After a little research it seems like a very good deal.
    I am a guitar player that would like to get into bass but not quite ready to spend a bunch for a first time bass guitar.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

depends...Traben started out a decent company...however in recent years they switched their productions facilities to Vietnam and their quality took a serious nose dive! Hit and miss now...

if it is a Korean made Traben is probably and excellent buy!

I own an Array Obsession Five and wouldn't trade it for anything...great bass!

here is a pic!

[​IMG]
  3. bassmatt4792

bassmatt4792

I also have an Array Obsession 5. Decent bass. By no means my go-to bass though. I bomb around on it a lot because its my only 5er but having played better quality basses since I bought it...it really lacks a lot for me. My buddy's dad owns a band/orchestra music shop and dabbled in guitars for a bit. They sold Michael Kelly guitars, Traben basses and Kustom amps. So I basically got this bass on the cheap. I wouldn't play any more than a few hundos though.

Attached Files: