1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Traben Neo ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shadowtippy, Apr 5, 2014.

1. shadowtippy

shadowtippy

I saw a Traben Neo at a pawn shop recently. (I won't list the "asking price" so as not to break the rules.) My main question is: Is this bass of the same quality, in general, as an mim Fender? This one looks to be in good or better condition, a few dings, and is in need of new strings. Any info from Traben owners would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames

Most people are going to tell you they are terrible, mostly because of the bridge, and also because nothing like the abomination that is traben could ever compare to a fender. :)

Now that that is out of the way, I have had several traben basses and I use a phoenix as my #1. I can tell you that if it is a made in Korea model, then yes I would say the quality is at least that of an mim, and in my opinion even higher. However, if it is a Vietnam version do yourself a favor and put the bass down and run far far away. I love traben basses, but the new stuff is absolute junk.

If you want an idea about a fair price on it pm me, I'll be glad to help.

3. shadowtippy

shadowtippy

Thanks. I' not sure where it was made.

4. nogoodwithnames

nogoodwithnames

Check the serial #, if it begins with a T you're good.

5. Register to disable this ad