1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Elliot 1048 (4x10) & 1518 (1x15)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Thumperbuns, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Thumperbuns

Thumperbuns Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Pre-Gibson era Trace cabs for sale. The 1048 is 300+ watts, 8 ohm, with 3 original Celestion 80 watt speakers plus 1 replacement Eminence B810 150 watt spkr. I will include the original Celestion I replaced due to some buzzing. It's probably repairable but I figured that was beyond my limited DIY skills. Green Trace rat fur covering. Sounds absolutely great. Loud & punchy. Just too dang heavy for me to lug around anymore. Probably about 90 lbs. Guitar Center sells them used for $300 to $350. I'd do $225. Full stack pic attached is from last Christmas, before replacing the 1 Celestion.
    The 1518 is pretty beat up body wise but also still sounds great with no functional issues. Original 200 watt Celestion 15 inch spkr., 8 ohm. Tolex covering with plenty of scuffs and a few short rips. I'd say about 65-70 lbs. I'd do $125. This full stack is surprisingly loud and easily covers medium to large size clubs. Played a few outside gigs with it also. Plenty loud. Either cab alone is plenty for most small-medium sized gigs. Not looking to ship. Local pick up only. Columbia, Tennessee. (Southern middle Tennessee, about 40 miles south of Nashville). Think I will keep the AH500-12head.

Attached Files:

2. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

of the 1048

Attached Files:

3. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

see attached

Attached Files:

4. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

see attached

Attached Files:

5. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

see attached

Attached Files:

6. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

speakers alone are worth more than total asking price bump!
  7. Thumperbuns

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

no nibbles, so I'll list on local craiglist a few days and then donate them to guitar center.
  8. bassfreakah

bassfreakah Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I would keep the head too!!!!! nothing now days can compete.