1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Trace Elliot BLX-150 combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by SGD Lutherie, Dec 21, 2012.

1. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    I'm selling my Trace Elliot BLX SMC-150 combo, since I never use it anymore. It has the 7 band graphic EQ GP7 preamp. 150 watts.

This is an older mid 90s model with the green/black carpet. It also has the dual band compressor, and front mounted effects loop in/out and DI out, and has a line out to power another power amp. The cab has a single 10" speaker in a slot loaded design, and Fostex super horn tweeter. It sounds like a much larger speaker.

It's a loud little amp! It works great with a second cab, and was made to use a 10" extension cab. By itself it gets a very thick low end and crisp high end. I've used it at outdoor gigs by itself and was heard just fine. A second cab will add mids to its bass reflex type tone. It also sounds great with acoustic guitar.

It's in great condition, and everything works perfectly. Local pickup is preferred (I'm in Bloomfield NJ) but I can ship it too.

Here it is on top of my Mesa cab. I used to use the two together with a couple of different bands. (Mesa cab not included!)

[​IMG]

$250
  2. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

Just for clarification...$250 shipped, or $250 + shipping?
  3. SGD Lutherie

Disclosures:
    That would be plus shipping. I had mentioned local pickup, but I will ship it if someone wants it. Don't know how much shipping would be.
  4. SGD Lutherie

Disclosures:
    OK... $250 shipped. :D
  5. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Why is there something blocking the speaker???
  6. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

It is a "band pass enclosure", meaning the speaker sits in a ported chamber and fires into a second ported chamber. The first chamber's port is the horizontal one on the bottom, and the second chamber's port is the vertical one in front.

I had one of these amps back in the mid-90s and always loved the sound. They aren't light by today's standards though. I keep wishing someone would create a modern version with a neo driver, lightweight cabinet material, and a class D amp.

Attached Files:

7. JeffplaysBass

JeffplaysBass Supporting Member

Cool!
  8. My name is Mudd

My name is Mudd

They sound a LOT bigger than they are.
  9. fbny71

fbny71 Supporting Member

Not that I have any money to spend...but I am wondering how this would sound using my Trace 1135 1x15 under it.

GLWTS
  10. SGD Lutherie

Disclosures:
    It would probably sound great. I've used it with a 4X10, and I know someone that has a newer version with the 1X10 under it.
  11. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

she will be mine all mine..
  12. boamedt

boamedt

Nice pick up fretno. Deff a sweet combo:bassist:
  13. SGD Lutherie

Disclosures:
    Sold to fretno!