1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Elliot cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ttyR2, Dec 14, 2013.

1. ttyR2

ttyR2

I'm looking at upgrading my wife's bass rig. I have the option of the "red" and non-red 1518 1X15 cabinets (pre-Peavey models). Can someone explain the differences?
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I wish.

Mine is Kaman period, pre Gibson. I'm not entirely sure but I think Kaman dropped the race stripes and Gibson brought them back. The guff with my cab indicated it was a new design, the ports go through the grill 6" deep.

Woofer tech has advanced out of sight but it still holds its own. Gives one BL a blue fit when I bring it. He must have Alzheimer's, forgets my amp has a volume knob every time.
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Btw, is your wife a wrestler? They are the most awkward cabs after big 4x10's.
  4. ttyR2

ttyR2

Wonder if one would take an Eminence driver update well. I like the look of the cabs and she's happy with Trace gear.
  5. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

3015 non lf works well. Pricey but.