1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Elliot content

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Grindstone, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Grindstone

Grindstone

How would I tell, as mostly a newbie to electric bass equipment, whether a Trace Elliot GP7SM combo I'm about to go audition is pre-Gibson, or if it could even BE pre-Gibson, which I understand is an important consideration for this brand. This is the 1x10 combo.
    Thanks-
    Mike
  2. Grindstone

Grindstone

The back panel says "Manufactured in England by Trace Elliot" but also has the CE indicating, I thought, a product of China.
    ?
    MS
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "CE" stands for Conformité Européenne, which means it meets all trade laws for Europe.
  4. Grindstone

Grindstone

So it does; I researched that after posting when I realized I was going on ancient hearsay with that one......
  5. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Supporting Member

CHINA ??? Get a rope!
  6. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Supporting Member

I might have an Owners Manual for it in .pdf ...