1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

trace elliot gp12 300w 1x15 combo.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jazzybass41, Dec 14, 2013.

1. jazzybass41

jazzybass41

Hi all
    Got chance of this combo amp cheap are they any good please? Loudness, tone etc. I have a compatible extension cab.. but dont want to use if loud enough
    Thoughts?
    Cheers!
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I am biased heavily toward giving it a go if it's vintage.

There are plenty of louder lighter combos but you won't find anything remotely cheap. Powerful EQ, very powerful amp for the 300w rating.

It's probably the 1153 based cab. The amp can easily blow it with the EQ if some idiot boosts the lower EQ and cranks it. As always, buyer beware with used. Plenty of bass drivers work with the cab tuning so no stress.

With the 30hz on the floor, 40 -6db, 60 down a bit and everything else flat, graphic knob on full, light up the input gain until the red just flicks when you give it a slam. Now the fun part, you should get a real thumpy open E which won't get louder past about 4.5 as you wind on the green knob.

Back it off a bit and engage shape 1 :cool: I add some more mids in to taste. Notice how the red knob swings the EQ brighter or deeper very naturally while keeping the overall voice. You'll either fall in love with it or come back to ask what drugs I'm on.