1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Elliot Quatra Valve VR Power Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by iriegnome, Jan 22, 2014.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

I picked one of these up a long while ago and am getting it over to the repair shop for a cleaning and such. I have been looking high and low for any information on this amp and cannot find anything. This is just the power amp. It has no preamp in it. From what I know is that there are 4-6550 tubes in it and it is rated at 200w, but I have no idea at what Ohms. I think it was made somewhere in the 1990 range, but am not sure about that either.
    They were expensive. Somewhere in the $1000 range back in 1990, but again, not really sure.
    Can anyone shed some light or any information on this? I did get a service manual from Peavey, but it is mainly for the preamp (same as the G12 pre), but mine does not have a preamp in it. It is just the power amp.

Attached Files:

2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

BAS British Audio Service are good for info. Would you please post it on the Team Trace Elliot(t) also. It makes searching for Trace info easier.

I'm guessing the out on the front is for slaving the amp with another one.
  3. iriegnome

Is there a TB forum 'Team Trace'? or is that a seperate website for that?
  4. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

It's right here on TB
  5. iriegnome

I found the Team Trace Elliot forum in the amps section..