1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Elliot v4 DI question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by cuatro_cuerdas, Feb 18, 2014.

1. cuatro_cuerdas

cuatro_cuerdas

Hello goodfellas,
    I am the proud owner of a all tube trace Elliot v4, and I see that it has a DI xlr output. Has somebody experienced with recording using the DI from this head?. Is the signal going through the preamp tubes and then to the DI output?
    Cheers.
  2. monsterthompson

monsterthompson Supporting Member

if i were you, i'd ask in the trace threads. i'm guessing this isn't a super common issue.
  3. Jungy

Jungy

I have used mine for Demo's and live. I think it sounds nice. It has a pre/post eq switch as well. My advice would be regardless of whether it goes through tubes or not, if you like the sound use it if you don't, don't.

However, you might be able to find info easier if you search for V-Type or V-Type preamp as that is what the DI is coming from on all those amps.
  4. cuatro_cuerdas

cuatro_cuerdas

Ok I will do that. Thanks for your replies.