1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trace Hexavalve

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bstime58, Dec 15, 2013.

1. bstime58

bstime58

My first forum post.
    Found a Hexa on Craigslist with an old 4x10 cab. Happened to catch the listing right when it was placed and got really lucky. $450.00!! There are some issues with the head and I plan on having my tech give it a good thorough check to figure out what the problems are. Amp will play but has some kinda of weird intermittent problem that makes funny noise. I think it's something to do with tubes but what do I know. I think they are original. Figured I would buy new tubes and have them put in when my tech goes over it. Anyone have any thoughts on what tubes would compliment this head well? I really want this rig to be everything it can be. I'm thinking Gold Lion all around on this guy. Any thoughts?
  2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen

Disclosures:
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Valves in there might be fine, plenty of solder joints and connections that could be trouble, caps are probably coming up due replacing too. If you need to revalve, keep any stlll good old ones from it, always useful,. The Gold Lion KT88 are good by all accounts, I still use Shuguang GEKT88 because cheap, and also good.
  3. bstime58

bstime58

Good point. I'm sure tech will tell me if they are good or not.
    Was thinking maybe the gold lions would make it sound a little richer in tone. Any thoughts?
  4. NecroticImbecil

NecroticImbecil

If you haven't yet, check w/tech regarding new tubes. Some only want to retube with their brand of choice, bought through them at their price. Others are cool with whatever you supply.