1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tracings for Epiphone Thunderbird Classic plastic parts

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Wildo3000, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Wildo3000

Wildo3000

I recently got a gutted neck/body carcass for an Epiphone Thunderbird Classic-IV Pro as a project. This is the neck-thru one with Gibson pickups. I had hoped to transfer some old parts from a standard Thunderbird onto them but I found they didn't fit. The pickguard has been reshaped since the treble side cutaway is deeper than normal.

I tried ordering the pickguard, truss rod cover, and back control plate through Guitar Center (the nearest Epiphone dealer) but they told me that they were only available under warranty. Since this is a factory second, it's stamped used and has no warranty.

Is there a way I can get some tracings for these parts so I can have them custom made at WD or pickguardian?

Thanks.
  2. hillerup

hillerup Supporting Member

Hi,

If you're still in need of those tracings - send me a personal note, and I'll send you some...