1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Track Separation Software

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by aggie98, Nov 25, 2012.

1. aggie98

aggie98

Is there any software that will allow me to listen to only the bass track of a song?

2. stratovani

stratovani

None that I know of. Song tracks are recorded separately, then mixed down and mastered into two tracks, left and right channels. Other than obtaining the original recording, the best you can do is EQ the tracks by boosting or cutting the various frequencies that make up the song.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Not really. There are some things you can do with phase cancellation that don't work all that well, and you can filter things out with eq, but once somethings been mixed down it's pretty much there to stay.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

It's like baking a cake and then trying to separate the eggs,butter,milk etc unless you own the master tapes I don't think it's possible.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aggie98

aggie98

Thanks for your responses.

7. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

Transcribe will cut out the higher frequencies, then lets you raise the bass frequencies one octave, which helps to make the bas lines more obvious.