TRACY WORMWORTH (Waitresses, Sting, Rosie, etc)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ERIC31, Oct 22, 2002.

1. ERIC31

ERIC31

I just recently got a copy of THE WAITRESSEs live from 1982. It's pretty good, I was a fan of the band anyway.

Tracy is rocking thoughout the whole thing. I can't play half of her basslines (I'm working on it). She has since moved on to playing with Sting and most recently on the Rosie show. I think she is a monster player.

Any other Tracy fans out there?:D

2. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

I admired her playing very much!.........she also was married to the late great Kenny Kirkland.

3. JimK

JimK

...Kenny K was a monster; RIP.
    Tracy ain't bad, either.
    (Cool little groove on "I Know What Boys Like").

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator

Media:
    I love the line on Christmas Wrapping, very chic-esque

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jerry

I'm not sure Tracy was in the band when they did ' I Know What Boys Like'........I'll have to dig out the record and check.

7. ERIC31

ERIC31

She wasn't. A guy named David Hofstra played bass on the lp. Tracy joined afterwards for touring and the rest of their records.

8. JimK

JimK

...what the Hell-
    She looked good doing that tune on the video.
    ;)

Can't remember(obviously) where I saw a Sting thingee LIVE on the tube...maybe it was Saturday Night Live(?). Anyway, Tracy was playing a nice part to "We'll Be Together"(heavily synth'd on the record).

9. jerry

That was Saturday Night Live......that band kicked booty........and Kenny was still playing keyboards.

10. pyrohr

pyrohr

Tracy also played bass with phyllis hyman in the early eighties an was supposed to had been taught by no other than Marcus Miller whom I think he may have dated at one time.

11. ERIC31

ERIC31

Wow it's been almost 4 years since I posted this thing! Anyone know what Tracy is up to these days. I couldn't find anything on her just yet.:bassist:

12. Stifflip

Stifflip

She filled in for Mike Merritt on Conan O'Brien some time ago, that's just about everything I know about her recent activities. Her brother played the drums for a while on Conan too. Too bad they weren't there at the same time. I don't recall seeing any brother/sister rhythm sections so far. :D

13. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

I got a chance to see her with Phyllis Hyman back in the 80's, her tone was awesome. The fans kept yelling out at Phyllis to let the bass player "git some" Phyllis smiled and politely stepped back at the end of "Riding th tiger" and Tracy did her thing VERY well.

14. 64jazzbass

64jazzbass

I believe I saw her with the B52's a few years back when they backed up the Pretenders in Chicago. She's a great player. Her backup bass on stage was an Elrick NJS

15. tZer

tZer

She rocks! I have posted here more then once how much I love her line in 'Christmas Wrapping' - I love the way she thinks! I mean, really... who comes up with a line like that? Brilliant!

16. ERIC31

ERIC31

True enough! I still can't play that song....better get back to the woodshed...lol

Once again. What is Tracy up to nowadays??

Tracy if you are here, speak up! We want to know what's up!!:bassist: :hyper:

17. jerry

The last album I picked up that had Tracy on it was The Family Stand's 'Connected' album, and that was at least six years ago. BTW, The Family Stand was a very underrated band IMHO.

18. ERIC31

ERIC31

F.Y.I. I just picked up the latest issue of Bass Guitar Magazine (Guitar World) and there is a full page article/interview with the lady herself! Nice photo! About time!

Go and get this.:hyper:

[​IMG]

19. ERIC31

ERIC31

BUMP!

Check out Tracy grooving in this Waitresses video for "Make The Weather" off their second LP. Bruiseology! Great bass line!!

20. ERIC31

ERIC31

Anyone interested in MP3s of The Waitresses second LP Bruiseology? Tracy is on fire through the whole thing! Great production with the bass high in the mix.

It's been out of print (cassette and vinyl) since the 80's and never released on CD either.

21. gweimer

gweimer

My band opened for The Waitresses when they first broke out. I didn't know who she was, but I do remember saying "Dayum!" as I watched their set.