1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Trade feeler- '83 G&L SB-2 Red w Maple Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Brother Goose, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    Team-

I am entertaining offers for a rare bass that will only appreciate in value. (only 4000 were made)

Slab bodied lipstick red SB-2 w nasty funky grinding tone.

vol- 3 way switch- dramatic tone

She weights right around 9lbs. Tone is very rich in the mids with a buttery low end and snappy treble. Great for slap/finger funk and probably incredible with a pick.

I love the passive system and ease of use.

Considerations: power amps (1000 watt plus) really nice cabs, warmoth 5 string or fretless basses (Gecko?) options with money

I would be willing to trade this AND my Warwick 5 string fretless towards a fretless/amp/speaker combination or something really nice.

References available- I work closely with some highly regarded tb'ers.

http://instagram.com/p/ijPvlMIDsN/
  2. Bean639

Bean639 Supporting Member

Only 4000 of that color? Just curious because I own this bass, but older and black.

Oh, and free bump. I love mine. I would NEVER sell her. :)
  3. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    I had a super G&L geek collector tell me that only 4000 were made with the slab body and double jazz pups. I'm just keeping it out there for someone who is looking for a change.... If I had my druthers I would NEVER get rid of a bass, but I have to reinvest gear money as my needs change. (this whole buying houses, cars, investing money, and being a "grown up" thing is really getting me down)