1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Trade feeler: Fender CIJ Pink Paisley '54 Precision

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Papalampraina, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papalampraina

Papalampraina Need.More.Fuzz. Supporting Member

This is only a feeler and only for trades. The most probable thing is that I will come to my senses and keep the bass, but no money and GAS don't work well together.

I have a 2003 or 2004 (have to recheck the serial number), crafted in Japan, Fender Pink Paisley '54 Precision reissue. It's a '51 Precision, but with tummy and forehand cuts, it has a maple neck, a pink paisley wallpaper design, clear pickguard and it's string-thru-body.

I've made some changes and I don't have the original parts, because in my mind this is the bass that I will be buried with.
    - the pickup is a Bullock split coil, no hum and somewhere between a 51 and a 57
    - the bridge is the Fender deluxe bridge, with the same hole pattern, but easier to set than the two-saddle bridge that was originally on the bass
    - the input socket was changed to an Electrosocket (with a Switchcraft jack), which has the little screws and stays on the bass
    - the strap pins are Dunlop vintage strap locks (always use Dunlops)
    Apart from that, the bass is in excellent condition. I'm proud and curious at the same time, of how I managed not to make a mess of a bass, as I did with every other bass I owned in the past.

I'm looking for a 4-string '57 style Fender Precision (MIA, Road Worn, 50s Classis, etc) or a Matt Freeman Squier Precision (with cash my way).
    Maple fretboard is a must!

Again, I have to remind you, just a feeler. My mind might change, especially if my wife finds out about this thread, because she really loves this bass.

I have only one pic available and that's to remind you how awesome this bass looks and how fat I am. :)

Attached Files:

2. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Want one of these! Have something to trade also...with maple
  3. Papalampraina

Papalampraina Need.More.Fuzz. Supporting Member

Send me a pm.
  4. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Ugh these are sooo awesome!!