1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Trade Feeler: Fender Roscoe Beck Signature V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by two fingers, Jan 2, 2014.

1. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

So, I love this bass. But I'm just going in a different direction and I want something I can mod. And I really don't want to cut up this bass. (I'm sure you would agree that would be bad.)

OK, here's the promised lunchtime edit:
    Bathroom scale puts her right around 10 pounds (It won't weigh stuff lower than 25 so I did the whole stand on the scale with the bass and then without thing).

Lots of pics with descriptions underneath.
    [​IMG]
    Again, I have the mint guard in perfect shape. You can google all kinds of images of the bass with that guard on it. Shoreline Gold.

[​IMG]
    Best I can find SZ1 serial puts it at 2001.

[​IMG]
    Right where the contour, the front, and the top of the body meet up you can barely make out a tiny dent in the finish. It doesn't go through and I tried my best to get it in the pic. From 3 feet away you can't find it.

[​IMG]
    If you look at the bricks in the reflection you will see another dent in the clear finish on the back, but it does not go through. Also, that "thing" on the bottom of the body fits a strap lock. I'm not sure why but a previous owner had it installed. It was done well. You can't see it when playing. I guess it offers some other options for positioning the bass. I have only confirmed that a strap lock fits in the hole but have never used it for anything.

[​IMG]
    Couple dings on the head.

[​IMG]
    It has "the crack". The E string tuner crack that a ton of Fender basses get. Either Dr.Cheese or another previous owner had it professionally repaired. It has given me no trouble. It does not go through to the finish on the head.

[​IMG]
    And speaking of the head.......

I run a fairly high action, so right now that is how it is set up. I can lower it for you or not. Up to you. It plays and sounds great. I have never gotten anything but compliments from sound guys about the bass. I have run it both direct and through tons of rigs. It gets along with all of them.
    The pick guard is aftermarket but I have the original in great shape. No OHSC but we can work something out. She is a player and had a couple tiny bumps. Feel free to ask questions. But it is in really good shape. (Weight will be up by lunch today.)

This is about as full disclosure as I know how to be. But please fire away with any question (both in this thread or PM..... I don't mind either).

Here's what I am looking for. I would like Fender American Deluxe Precision V from this era. It's the one with the bucker at the bridge. I'm not really picky on the color. Try me.
    [​IMG]

I just decided to do this so details are a bit up in the air. If you are interested, run something by me. I can do +/- cash. Will check PM's and post much more detailed pics and weight around lunch time. (Noon Eastern time)
  2. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    trade pm coming
  3. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

I'm with you there, brother. I know the feeling.

More pics of front and back would be great whenever possible.
  4. two fingers

Ha! Now that's funny.

Any of you guys seen my camera? I'm gonna find it here in a minute and put some pics up.

And will be replying to PM's very soon.
  5. two fingers

PMs replied. Thank you guys. I just wanted you to have a look at the updates before we proceed any further.
  6. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

I owned this bass (bought from another TBer several years ago) and added the custom faux snakeskin 'guard, but eventually sold it to Dr. Fromage ONLY because 10lbs wasn't optimal for me. This thing sounds glorious! The E tuner crack was there before I bought it and was repaired by the previous owner with a metal insert and glue and is rock solid/no issue. Bump for one of the best sounding 5 string basses I have played or owned.
  7. two fingers

Thank you for the background info!
  8. two fingers

Some interesting offers have me broadening my choices. Hit me up with something similar to the Fender American Deluxe P bass 5 (or something in that vein.)
  9. two fingers

Good morning bump! Couple interesting offers. All PMs replied. Still up for trade.
  10. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

PM out of Left Field...
  11. two fingers

Potential deal pending. Please hold.
    Some elevator music while you wait.
  12. Chef

Media:
    Disclosures:
  13. miwey

miwey

You just received my pm!

Greetz, Michael
  14. two fingers

Thank you everyone. I have received some very nice offers.

Let me clarify where we are. I have a deal pending. By "pending" I mean this. I set the bass up pretty high. The person with whom I am working out a deal simply wants some assurances that the action will get low. I am having it set up professionally on Monday to make sure the truss rod and neck are in great shape. (We want everybody happy in the end, right?) If that pans out (and I am pretty sure it will) the other person and I will hammer out a few details and most likely do the deal. I just don't want anyone sitting around waiting on this bass before they make a move on something else.

Thanks again everyone! I'll keep you posted.
  15. MaddAnthony_59

Any News Bump?
  16. bassarama

bassarama Supporting Member

Is this bass still available ?
  17. aparker82

aparker82 Supporting Member

No, the guy left TB I believe.
  18. MaddAnthony_59

Seems that way. I was going to send an E-Mail and received this message:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
  19. Chef

Media:
    Disclosures:
    "Last Activity: 01-20-2014 06:59 AM "

about the email message:
    one can be an active member and opt out of emails from TB.
    I'd say the photos being pulled is indicative of something though.