1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TRADE feeler Music Man EBMM Big Al Dargie Delight II 4SSS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Habilis, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habilis

Habilis Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Hi, guys (and ladies). Running this one up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes.

This is a 2009 Big Al Dargie Delight II, with the real purty green-gold color-shift paint job (matching headstock!), ebony fretboard, and abalone fret markers. I bought it from the celebrated TBer Ubnomnar in November 2012 and have used it for band practice and a handful of local club shows. I've had it set up twice and changed the strings 3 times and that's about all I've done. I suppose there is a wee bit more pick guard swirl and so on but I very much doubt there is any significant change since I bought it from Ubnomnar. Here is the link to that sale thread,

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-big-al-dargie-delight-ii-limited-edition-932156/

And here is a link to an earlier sale of this bass with better pictures.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-big-al-sss-dargie-delight-ii-806539/

The bass has the SLO-style neck with the 1.5" width at the nut. The weight is just shy of 9.5 lbs on my scale. Comes in a hardshell case that's in decent shape.

I am really interested in trades + some cash at this point. UPDATE: Because I won a bid on eBay any trade has to include at least $500 in cash.

An outright sale would be $1200 plus shipping. It seems to cost me around $100 to ship a bass anywhere so that's about what I would expect. It may be less if you are in the same general area as me (West Coast) but I wouldn't know--every time I ship a bass it seems to be all the way to the other side of the country.

The trades I am interested in are Fender USA Precision basses in interesting finishes, like the FSR finishes, or ones with blocked and bound necks, y'know, that kind of thing. The exception to the US rule would be a Steve Harris model, which I guess are only made in Japan. Feel free to make some offers that aren't the above; the worst that can happen is I'll say no thanks. A Honeyburst American Special or the same in CAR (with the maple FB) + some cash would be right up my alley. In general, would prefer a maple FB.

[The above trade options may no longer be viable because of my updated trade limits]

If I don't receive any interesting offers, I reckon I will take this bass off the market--I'm not in any kind of hurry to sell it, I think I'm just itching' to try something new.

I will try to post pictures but I am a lousy photographer so I doubt very much I can improve on what's already been put up.

Thanks!
  2. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

G&L M2000 interest you ???
  3. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Well, I had an ASAT for a while, and I really liked it. But I think I am very specifically looking for the P-Bass sound.
  4. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Hey, I just realized I put $1300 and I meant to put $1200. Sorry about that.
  5. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Pretty sure I have replied to all PMs so far. Thanks everyone for the offers; still looking for "Ms. Right."
  6. 707hippie

707hippie Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Interest in Warmoth ????
  7. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Tell me more. I'm definitely not UN-interested in Warmoth. I have seen some lovely Warmoth builds and I would definitely cast my eyeballs on a nice Warmoth P-build.
  8. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Honestly, it's all about the P-bass pickup, the maple fretboard, and the build quality. Plus I would like to make a little money on the deal (bills to pay, y'know)
  9. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

To the top!
  10. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

This time, really, actually, to the top!
  11. magic2119

magic2119

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I've almost bought this the last 3 times it's been posted. Maybe this is the time.

What do you mean by the case is in "decent" shape.. Can you post some pics?
  12. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I will try to post some pics when it gets a little brighter outside--have I mentioned that I am a crap photographer? The case works fine, but it has the usual mild scratching from being pulled in and out of a car, etc., and there is a "ding" in the plastic extrusion that runs around the perimeter, near the top hinge. None of this affects the "seaworthiness" of the case at all--it's purely aesthetic. Also, in the interests of full disclosure I have just noticed that there is a little bit of buckle rash on the back of the bass--I will DEFINITELY do my best to get pictures of that because I know people can get all bent out of shape about it.
  13. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

OK, I took some pictures of the various minor scratches and dings on the bass and on the case. They are all pretty minor on the bass, and I would imagine that they could be buffed out pretty easily. This link is for an album on Photobucket that has pictures of everything I could find "wrong" with the bass. To be frank, I've seen plenty of instruments listed as "minty" that have had more damage than this bass, but it's definitely been used and played.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/alldaveallen/library/BIg Al scratches and dings
  14. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    134   0   0

15. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Replied and still available.
  16. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

OK, well, a bass on eBay I put in an offer on has gone to me--I didn't want it all that badly, and I'm kinda bummed I am actually required to buy it, but a deal is a deal.

The upshot is that now I MUST do a cash sale OR a trade + $500 cash. (and by cash I mean cash or Paypal) So, I'm updating the main listing to reflect this as well. For those of you who have PM'd me regarding a 1-1 trade I am afraid circumstances make it out of the question for now.
  17. magic2119

magic2119

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

18. Habilis

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Sold to magic2119 for $1150 and 1/2 shipping. Thanks everyone!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.