1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trade Modern Player Jaguar for Epiphone T-Bird Pro?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vrussell, Dec 13, 2013.

1. vrussell

vrussell

Would trading my modern player jag for the T-bird pro be a good trade. I need some bass wisdom. :help:
  2. rockscott

rockscott

What model thunderbird? My mistake, having owned both myself, its a tough call. The fender has more tone range thats for sure!
  3. BirdThunder

BirdThunder

Thunderbird Pro-IV, it's got active pick ups like the jaguar, if I were you try them first, get a feel for the sound and comfort, Before I got a tbird classic-IV pro, I tried them in the store first.
  4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Tried a mp jag once, loved the neck but it sounded kinda thin.
    Tried an epi t bird once, loved the tone but it felt awkward as heck.
    Given I am not a Gibson/epi kinda guy, id say keep the jag
  5. Psychbunny

Psychbunny

Different strokes but the epi pro is neck through, unique God of Thunder tone, retails for $100 more and I am an Epi/Gibson guy. No brainer - T-bird for me.
  6. vrussell

vrussell

Thanks for the info buy i stayed with my mp jag. The T-bird is good but is not my cup of tea.
  7. twc1313

twc1313 Supporting Member

Good call, I bought a T-bird Classic Pro and played it for a few days....it was "meh" to me. The feel and balance on it was unsettling and the tone was very muddy to me.
  8. rockscott

rockscott

I think you made the right decision to keep the jag. I just sold my pro 4. I really loved the neck but thats where it ended for me. Thunderbirds are heavy, they neck dive, and their sound is unique but limited. I may be a little bias here as well as i have come to the conclusion that active sound is not my cup of tea. I doubt i will ever own another active bass.