Trade snake for bass guitar? Huh?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Axtman, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

2. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

You'd better head over there and scoop up this deal before I beat you to it.

3. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

I have seen people want to trade some pretty crazy stuff for musical instruments.....but this takes the cake! Speaking of which, anybody want to trade a cake for a bass guitar?

4. dickfitts

dickfitts

America, the Beautiful...sometimes, living here still puts a smile on my face.....thanks for sharing!:bassist:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Non Serviam Supporting Member

7. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Okay guys I have to ask.

What is the best snake for metal?

8. pklima

pklima

Reply and ask if these snakes are edible. Nothing like one-upping the ridiculousness.

9. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Do you supposed snake guys get into arguments like musicians do?

"No way dude! The Brown Indonesian Flat Belly is way cooler than the Malaysian Spotted Mud Crawler!"

10. Crazy_Climer

Crazy_Climer

Bummer... when I first read the title, since I live in a fairly mountainous region, I was thinking I'd go find a bull-snake... and trade it for a bass guitar. I live close enough to Seattle to make this worthwhile, but unfortunately had it exactly backwards!

11. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Ya'll laugh, but exotic reptiles, birds, etc., can be a serious money maker.

We have a local group that sponsors a reptile sale once a month and wifey drags me to it from time to time. I've seen snakes there with asking prices higher than what my old pickup would bring.

12. KevinStWarwick

KevinStWarwick

There are people who make can make thousands off just one single snake. They are just rare breed colors that people want really bad so they pay out the butt for them.

13. thebassmandave

thebassmandave Registered User

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario Bass Strings
    Some kind of Viper - a copperhead sounds quite metallic :D

14. millsbass5

millsbass5

My, God.... A snake, ANY snake, IS MY ABSOLUTE WORST FEAR, EVER. I would rather be at the wrong end of a crazy person, that's shoving a double-barrel shotgun down my throat, than to face ANY kind of snake. Pure evil, they are. Hell, as I'm writing this, I'm lifting my feet off the floor because I'm so friggin' spooked.

15. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

Seattle is doing its best to corner the market for Dumber and Dumerestest craigslist ads.

16. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

Is it just me? It somehow makes perfect sense that anyone willing to trade snakes (reptiles) for a bass guitar would be into a Rickenbacker. [​IMG]

At first I thought they were trading an audio PA snake. I could use one of those.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

17. Spectrum

Spectrum

Dethklok knows:

18. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

You guys are too funny...The pet trade (especially in exotic animals i.e. reptiles big cats etc.) is a multi-BILLION dollar business annually

reptiles don't make noise, they don't, scratch the furniture, or piddle on the carpet, or shed hair, or dander, or feathers, and are hypo-allergenic....and if you keep their cage clean..they do not smell....you can leave them alone for a week at a time with no need to worry about them...They eat only a few times a month (depending on age, species etc.)

There are some specific localities and Morphs (bred for specific color and pattern traits, that can bring in up to and over $100,000.00 dollars for a single animal!!!

lol....I live with over 220 species of various reptiles and make more in a three month "season" than most do all year

there is a Leucistic Boa out there now, valued at roughly 1,000,000.00!!....with First Generation offspring from this animal being valued at $60,000.00 each!!!

19. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Gold Supporting Member

They also kill people. There was a snake in Eastern Canada that recently killed two kids while they slept. When that story broke I learned a lot about snakes, lots of snake owners would go to bed and find their snake sleeping next to them, they thought their snake liked them. Their snake was actually sizing them to see when they could eat them.

My cousin dated a well known extreme metal drummer for years, he had a big pet snake. His niece stayed with him once for a week or so and she brought her cat who just had kittens. They came home one day and couldn't find the kittens, but the snake had some pretty suspicious bumps.

I don't want to even comment on the "exotic animals" trade. To each their own.

20. Carl_D

Carl_D Guest

21. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

Yeah larger get pricey like car pricey.
    I had CA King snakes as a child. Mean som-bitches.
    Meanest I've seen was a gopher snake. Not venomous but fierce.
    My ex & I were biking in the desert years ago and saw a rattlesnake with the girth of a grown man's leg--largest I've ever seen I couldn't believe it was real. We rolled stones at it to get it off the bike trail & sure enough it was very real & very large & very pissed.