Trade: Trace Elliot GP12 SMX Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Zooberwerx, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

This is a really nice, near-mint UK made preamp which I picked up from Kurt a couple years back. It has more knobs, sliders, bells, and whistles that I'll use in a lifetime and, quite frankly, the versatility is wasted on someone like me. I pretty much set it & forget it. What I really need is a simpler 3 knob jobby (or thereabouts) with more of a "baked in" tone which retains its character despite conservative EQing. Somewhat hard to describe but I still lean heavily towards my SansAmp RPM and vintage pre-PSA...you get the idea. I would even consider a pedal-based preamp if it meets the criteria. A few pics I stole from Kurt; I'll post some updates later if warranted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cash +/- for the right deal. Thanks for looking!

Edit: will also consider trade for a decent wireless system or budget 5 string bass. Hey, it's good to have options!

Riis
  2. Standalone

Standalone

Pretty cool.

I like my 400 & 800RB amps for just that reason. Musical, simple EQ.
  3. Zooberwerx

Yes, the 2001 RBP was very nice but I didn't give it a fair shake. The SansAmp VT rackmount is also an option...I'm of the assumption the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I was gonna ask if there was an "East Haven" but I'd be a smart*** in doing so: my mother is from EH / North Branford.

Riis
  4. bopit01

bopit01

how many watts is that TE?
    Cheers
    STEVE
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zooberwerx

Going to the great state of Texas!

Riis

Thread Status: