1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Trans-Blonde 1999 American Fender Precision Bass-Very Rare-L.A. CA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

This is a very rare trans blonde finished 1999 American Fender Precision. The bass is 100% original. The case is Original and is a 1990's Red Labled Fender "Chain Saw" case. Inside the case in the compartment is the original bag of case candy unopened with a truss rod tool included. I also have the key to the case. This bass in this condition truly is a rare find and its a little painful to sell because I think these are the most beautiful fender "standard" USA P basses made along with the walnut ones they recently released. These are harder to find due to not having been made for about 15 years now.

Condition-The bass was mainly used for recording. I have never taken it on a gig. The body is very clean with only some light dimples here and there and slight swirling. All the chrome is excellent. The guard is clean with no warping or faded spots. The frets are great and the neck besides some light marks is in fantastic shape. I am not one to call a bass mint and this isnt, its a used but loved bass and the wear on it is what most basses get sitting on a guitar shops wall.

The strings are old rounds and I love the sound of them but honestly most wouldnt, there old and most of you will want to replace them. I will polish the bass up before sending it out to you but string replacement is all your game, so have your favorite set on hand.

The neck is a comfy 1.65'' slim front to back P neck. I really wish I had a scale because the bass is light. I would guess 8 pounds even, it was the thing I noticed the day I first picked it up I was blown away at the weight. Its lighter then my CV Squier P.

Only one of these basses have sold on here and it sold 2 times. Thats it. I have also never seen one on ebay and I am on there daily. I have priced mine based upon that one that sold twice, the rarity of these and overall my price actually isnt much more then a plain jane black one sells for.

The reason for the sale is I recently moved to LA, the move wasnt cheap and neither is living here. The holidays also kicked me in the pants. I will also be listing my '63 Fender RI in sonic blue.

I am firm on $850 Shipped CONUS-You are likely to not find another for a long time and it will be this much or more.

Local to Los Angeles area? We can work out a price for a in cash deal and you can play it through my GK stack.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-99-00-fender-mia-precision-874366/

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/1999-fender-american-standard-precision-trans-white-822999/

Sorry for the lack of photos but this is going to be the best I can do tell my camera is unpacked/found

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BVS

BVS Supporting Member

Sweet!
  3. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Fool For Four Strings
    I need a bucket for my drool. GLWTS!
  4. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

super cool
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Wow - just what I've been looking for. Best of luck with this; if I had the $$ it'd be a done deal.
  7. Arizona Jones

Arizona Jones Supporting Member

Nice, my #1 is 2001 MIA Precision in blonde, with a RW board. The maple board and light weight make this very tempting, but the FedEx man is out there somewhere with a Honeyburst I just bought. GLWTS, it looks like a real gem.
  8. A-Step-Towards

Thanks for the comments guys! its been my favorite standard I have ever owned and I have had 5 now I believe.

I can only imagine how great a rosewood boarded one would look, especially with a hold guard, or black, maybe tort:) thats the great thing about this finish so many guards look great on it.
  9. jnumme

jnumme Low End To No End Supporting Member

Had one of these two years ago and sold it on Tb . Wish I never did .
  10. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Gawd! That's a beautiful bass! Trips all my triggers, but this is the worst possible time of year for me. Great price for a beautiful bass!
  11. A-Step-Towards

I was asked to take photos of the back, with my camera still in another state and my phone being 4 years old this is as good as it gets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. A-Step-Towards

SOLD.

Check out my 63 RI P if your looking for a sweet P!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.