1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - the Dethklok of Christmas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bloodhammer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

The guy I work with and some of his friends went to the TSO show at the Centurytel Center last night and he showed me the video he took on his phone today. I've never been to a TSO show just because I've never been one for Christmas songs. Never got into them. He said they sort-of did two sets. The first was carols and storytelling, and the second looked more like they were summoning demons, or something, with the music. Lots of pyrotechnics and a burning clock for background.

However, it was bugging me all day today just who it might be that they reminded me of. :confused: I've been wracking my brain trying to think of every heavy metal band I listen to and/or can think of from Van Halen to Morbid Angel and then it hit me - freakin' Metalocalypse!

TSO:
    [​IMG]

Dethklok:
    [​IMG]

Just a weird thing I noticed that I thought I'd share with TB.

Merry ******* Christmas!!! :D

2. Bloodhammer

I guess the connection in my mind is the absolutely huge, elaborate stage performance and swinging hair.

3. mbernard110

mbernard110

Going to see them on the 26th. I extremely look forward to it (and the insane light show). And I'm not a fan of Christmas music by any means, but I find much enjoyment from their shows.

4. Piggy8692

Piggy8692

I don't like christmas music either. But they are definitely the exception. I hear their bassist has a lishp too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassfran

bassfran

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Lakland basses
    Looks like quite a spectacle! They hire some real hitters for that show so you'll get your money's worth.

Joel Hoekstra (guitar) was with them last season- I've worked with him before and he's a monster of a player.

7. Bloodhammer

That short smartphone video my friend showed me was pretty impressive, I have to admit!