1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Traveling for a living?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RadioactiveGuy4, Mar 28, 2014.

1. So I might have a job opportunity coming up. Its a great job that pays well but it would require that I travel 70% of the time. I would like to hear from any of you guys that have similar jobs. How do you incorporate music in to your lives? It would seem that being in a band would be out of the question given the amount of travel. Hell any advise you could give would be great.

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    A friend of mines fiance had a job which he was out of town 6 days a week nearly every week. he made great money, but had no time to enjoy any of it.

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens
    An old friend of mine had a similar gig. He made a poopload of money but was miserable. I haven't spoken to him in a while but last I heard he was back at home with his parents and unemployed, and had become an alcoholic. I guess it depends on your personality, but he apparently couldn't handle it.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If you're single and like to travel it can be a lot of fun for a while, then it starts to get old.

5. Sponsored by:

6. My goal would not be to do this job forever but it would give me a chance to build up some savings. If I like it great, If not then I would move on. Or per haps work my self into a position that did not require me to travel as much.