Traveling for a living?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RadioactiveGuy4, Mar 28, 2014.

1. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

So I might have a job opportunity coming up. Its a great job that pays well but it would require that I travel 70% of the time. I would like to hear from any of you guys that have similar jobs. How do you incorporate music in to your lives? It would seem that being in a band would be out of the question given the amount of travel. Hell any advise you could give would be great.

2. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

A friend of mines fiance had a job which he was out of town 6 days a week nearly every week. he made great money, but had no time to enjoy any of it.

3. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

An old friend of mine had a similar gig. He made a poopload of money but was miserable. I haven't spoken to him in a while but last I heard he was back at home with his parents and unemployed, and had become an alcoholic. I guess it depends on your personality, but he apparently couldn't handle it.

4. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

If you're single and like to travel it can be a lot of fun for a while, then it starts to get old.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4

My goal would not be to do this job forever but it would give me a chance to build up some savings. If I like it great, If not then I would move on. Or per haps work my self into a position that did not require me to travel as much.