1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Traynor 6x10 jacks?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jaysleazy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. jaysleazy

jaysleazy

Hey ya'll, so recently I bought a 'matching' pair of the older traynor 6x10 cabs. I just recently noticed that on the two sides that face each other they have these two jacks. so i assume they a matching pair.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BairNzyCMAARENU.jpg:large

i haven't the slightest on how they work. so hopefully one of you can shed some light on 'em. thanks.

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Someone has obviously modified the wiring and connectors of the cabinets. They didn't leave the factory like this.

Can the person you bought them from give you any insight on the ohm rating? Are the original Marsland speakers still installed? Are the modified connection jacks wired series or parallel? The factory wired the YC610 at 5.6 ohms.

Looks like you've got some investigating to do.

TD

3. jaysleazy

jaysleazy

haha. hey TD, I knew you'd be the first to reply.

from what I know they're both 8 ohms, but I haven't actually tested them with an ohmmeter or anything. he says they're the marslands but they're rated for 75 watts each? I thought they made 'em for 25w? as for the jacks they are wired parallel.

I have this head I'd like to use with them but it only has one speaker output, does anyone think I could hook the head up to one cab and connect the two together on the via. the side jacks?

4. Thornton Davis

The Marslands Yorkville installed in their YC410, YC610 and YC810 were rated at only 25 watts each, not 75. Each of your YC610's power handling capability is only 150 watts. which isn't much by todays standards.

I guess you're have to check the internal wiring to see what would be the way to connect both cabs. Again, Yorkville wired then series/parallel with a rating of 5.6 Ohms.

Good luck with this.

TD

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Thornton, I for one, appreciate your knowledge Of the Yorkville products. This one, though, I have to question a little. Shouldn't the resultant impedance be 5.3Ω? That would equate to three series pairs all in parallel using 8Ω drivers. :)

7. Thornton Davis

Paul, according to my Yorkville schematic drawing of their YC610, we're both incorrect. It's 5.4 ohms. I was going from memory when I posted. Guess my age is starting to show.

TD