1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Traynor & Avatar Got my thing together!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by zillo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. zillo

zillo

Well. I am thinking that I have my rig pretty well set. Traynor YBA 200-2 and then Avatar B210 and SB 112 cabinets.

Killer sound in the basement...band practice tomorrow, and then a New Year's Eve gig to give it a good test run.

I've been running the B210& Traynor for a while now....great combo. The 112 adds a nice rich fullness to the sound...turns a really nice sound into an even better one.
  2. shoot-r

shoot-r

Post and let us know how it worked out for you.

I'd like to hear a YBA 200 head through my Avatar cabinets but I've never ran across a Traynor dealer in my area.
  3. rodl2005

rodl2005

Good stuff. That's a great amp & good cabs too. Congrats.
  4. zillo

zillo

Had a good practice today, and the full rig is killer. The cabs do just about any tone I'm after, and the amp delivers that big round warm tone that I like. I Like a big solid and clear tone...big being the key.

Great amp, by the way...lot offers up a ton of other tones as well. I think I'm set for a long time.
  5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Another fun thing with the YBA200 is a Sans Amp bass Drive or Para Driver into the effects return. Just gives you a different take on the front end. I liked that it brought some of The highs down...
  6. zillo

zillo

I know a lot of people comment on the highs and high mids on the Traynor here on talkbass. I just don't hear it...probably hearing loss.

I run the mids full up, trbl about 5ish and bass about 5-7 (these vary by room). I leave the tweeter set at a quarter or less. Range about 4 or 5. I like the preamp gain at 5, and master volume as needed.

I also use passive basses with flats, so that might be another factor in why I don't get bothered by the highs.

I love this rig:smug: