Traynor & Avatar Got my thing together!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by zillo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. zillo

zillo

Well. I am thinking that I have my rig pretty well set. Traynor YBA 200-2 and then Avatar B210 and SB 112 cabinets.

Killer sound in the basement...band practice tomorrow, and then a New Year's Eve gig to give it a good test run.

I've been running the B210& Traynor for a while now....great combo. The 112 adds a nice rich fullness to the sound...turns a really nice sound into an even better one.
  2. shoot-r

shoot-r

Post and let us know how it worked out for you.

I'd like to hear a YBA 200 head through my Avatar cabinets but I've never ran across a Traynor dealer in my area.
  3. rodl2005

rodl2005

Good stuff. That's a great amp & good cabs too. Congrats.
  4. zillo

zillo

Had a good practice today, and the full rig is killer. The cabs do just about any tone I'm after, and the amp delivers that big round warm tone that I like. I Like a big solid and clear tone...big being the key.

Great amp, by the way...lot offers up a ton of other tones as well. I think I'm set for a long time.
  5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    Another fun thing with the YBA200 is a Sans Amp bass Drive or Para Driver into the effects return. Just gives you a different take on the front end. I liked that it brought some of The highs down...
  6. zillo

zillo

I know a lot of people comment on the highs and high mids on the Traynor here on talkbass. I just don't hear it...probably hearing loss.

I run the mids full up, trbl about 5ish and bass about 5-7 (these vary by room). I leave the tweeter set at a quarter or less. Range about 4 or 5. I like the preamp gain at 5, and master volume as needed.

I also use passive basses with flats, so that might be another factor in why I don't get bothered by the highs.

I love this rig:smug: