1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Traynor YBA 200 (NOT YBA 200-2): any good?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Gonzo476, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Gonzo476

Gonzo476

There is a local guy selling one for 450€. I'm looking for a mostly clean amp, but I don't mind a slight (and I mean slight) breakup at high volumes. The guy says that the amp has an auto-bias circuit. Is it true?
  2. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Many people had trouble with the auto bias circuit years ago. These were frequently returned to Traynor and given the fixed bias upgrade (downgrade?) to give them a fixed bias. The result was the YBA 200-2.

I liked mine when I had it and it sat really nice with a band. I was not a big fan of the sound when it was solo. I found it rather grindy.
  3. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Afaik it's fairly simple to replace autobias with fixed, contact Traynor.

Search tube rolling. I believe it's possible to get a wider range of clean before breakup in the pre.