1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

tremolo effect with delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tibpson, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tibpson

tibpson

Hi guys I'm trying to discover how to do this sort of tremolo effect that you can listen on the next song at the 0:43 and so on, by one of the guitars.

The thing is, I've seen this live already and noticed that the guitarrist used a delay setting from his Line 6 M5 to do it, and last night I saw another band playing live and their guitar player did the same kind o trick but this time with an EHX stereo memory man, so now I'm assuming that this is something quite easy to achieve and I'm just not figuring out how.

Sorry about my english, it's not my native language.
  2. bkbirge

bkbirge Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    You mean the bog standard warbly chorus with some reverb or the drawn out feedback delay?
  3. tibpson

tibpson

I'm not sure if I understood your question but in the transition at 1.32 it's really noticable.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 We've come to kill gods...... Supporting Member

I think an EQD hummingbird can get you where you want to be. Or very close to it. It can do a trem that almost sounds like a hummingbird so much to point it sounds like it fluctuates with the trem effect. Check out some YouTubes on it.
  5. Rawrrbass

Rawrrbass Supporting Member

Does the Stereo Memory Man have the ability to do any sort of "freeze" type effects? Its been awhile since I had one.

Cool song BTW.