1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tru oil and wax on a warmoth jazz neck.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by russpurdy, Dec 9, 2013.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Hey guys. I'm throwing around the idea of a warmoth build. I played a stingray today and absolutely loved the oil and wax neck. I was wondering if anyone here has done an unfinished warmoth all maple neck (neck and fretboard) with tru oil and wax to make it feel like a musicman. Do you oil and wax the fretboard as well or just oil? How has the stability been if you've done it? Thanks!
  2. ROBM700

ROBM700

Funny.....I am right in the middle of my 3rd warmoth neck project. Did/doing all with tru oil. It is my favorite product to use due to its ease. No stability issues an I live in the wet northwest just a few miles from the warmoth factory.

I'm not an expert, but my bass friends end up buying me out of them due to the great feel, stability with the steel rods and frets, and the best part....sound!

Have fun!
  3. ROBM700

ROBM700

BTW ......I haven't tried using wax. A buffed out tru oil finish is where I left mine. I don't know much about the wax process....might be really good.