1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

True Bypass Pop with no instrument or power

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Feb 21, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Hey team. Quick question. If I get a severe switch pop from a pedal (green ringer clone) with no instrument attached to it. I tried pulling the power and I still get a pop when clicking the switch. Does this mean I am hearing a faulty switch/mechanical noise?

To clarify, the pedal is in my effects chain but I disconnected all power to it. I still get a loud pop when I cycle the switch from bypass to "on" (although in on mode there is no sound as the power is cut). Is it still possible this is a dc/voltage issue or mechanical switch noise/fault?

Thanks!
  2. mrmills

mrmills

Probably a tiny voltage made worse by the switch bounce.

A pull down resistor on the input/output would help (if it doesn't already have them).