1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Truebypass loop pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by HugoBazZ, Feb 6, 2014.

1. HugoBazZ

HugoBazZ

whats a Good cheap true bypass loop pedal?
    I've been looking at the ls-2 but lets say i just want a on-off loop pedal for no money.
    what is there for me?
  2. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

If by no money you mean little money, Saturnworks and Loop-Master make passive loop pedals in the $30-$40 range.
  3. aphexafx

aphexafx A mind is a terrible thing. Supporting Member

If you want to save cash, build your own. This is about the easiest router you could set out to build. A small Hammond box, four jacks, and a foot switch. I hate to leave a cocky 'build your own' response but you did mention no (little) money.

Btw, the LS-2 is not true bypass; it is buffered in all states.
  4. coughiefiend

coughiefiend

5. mmbongo

mmbongo Supporting Member

TC Electonics Ditto. Less than $100. Done.
  6. aphexafx

I agree there!

But the i think the OP meant a 'loop bypass router' not a phrase sampler/looper. :smug:
  7. aphexafx

Bingo. OP, there you go. The bean dip can is brilliant. :)
  8. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

+1.
  9. aphexafx

10. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

any of these do the momentary switching? like I press down on the pedal and the effect is on, but I pull off the pedal and it shuts off, as opposed to tapping on my ls2 twice?
  11. jumblemind

Not the typical loop switch, but common. You can order them that way, or make it that way yourself with your bean dip can. You just use a latching footswitch instead of a standard on/off switch.

This doesn't have the loop, but I know JHS makes a tiny killswitch using one of these type switches, and it's sometimes billed as a "manual tremolo", which I think is funny.
    http://www.jhspedals.com/products/guitar-pedals/stutter-switch/
  12. jumblemind

The bean can was the first thing I thought of! StewMac is good like that. But unless you already have some parts laying around, buying one from the companies already mentioned would probably come out cheaper than a true bypass switch, four quality jacks and some wire...assuming you have solder stuff already, too.
  13. HugoBazZ

HugoBazZ

I like the DIY idea, but 2 problems. i have to buy a lot of stuff... i don't have any of the tools. also I'm afraid that i would mess it up and it ending up with a looper that kills my tone :S

but i really like the ones you've posted! the saturn pedals are really cool! ill just need to find the cheapest, because as you said, they aloe do the same ;)
  14. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

I can't help but think that BYOC or someone similar would offer a kit for this very thing.

I have an LS-2 and while they may not be free they are a great pedal and after a tuner and a good cable would be what I would recommend.

But not free.