1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Truss Rod Broken - Brand New Corvette$$

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by bigsnaketex, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bigsnaketex

bigsnaketex Supporting Member

I has posted back on 1-13-14 about my "Just-a-Nut" dying on my new Warwick.

I e-mailed Warwick on 1-14-14 about the nut situation and have not heard back from them yet.

I had contacted the on 12-10-13 right after I had purchased the bass about 2 tuners that were malfunctioning and one saddle that did not have the set screw to adjust the height and they immediately sent me replacements for those.

So last night, I go out to my shop and take my bass out of its case so I can measure to cut me a new bone nut since I'm now figuring that they're not going to send me a new nut. . . . It was then that I noticed that the new was bowed badly.

So I popped open the truss rod nut access cover and inserted the wrench and it just spun freely.

Obviously the truss rod is broken.

This is a brand new bass. . . I'm sick. I haven't had a chance to even play it yet.

So I e-mailed service@warwick.de once more and told them of the problem. . . I'm praying that they will respond to this one but in case they do not, is there an e-mail address for Warwick in the USA that I could contact?

I'm a bit frustrated at this point and would like some kind of resolution to get started before the bad taste in my mouth becomes worse!

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Bigsnake,

Sorry to hear your trouble. Who did you contact other than service@warwick.de? You can call us here at the NY Custom Shop and talk with our shop technician right now if you like and we will get this sorted out. (212) 777-6990

All the best,

Mike
    Warwick USA

3. bigsnaketex

I finally got an e-mail and am starting the RMA process.

I was so very happy to be a part of the Warwick family and I've just had a string of bad luck.

Of course, "stuff" happens. . . and as long as it gets fixed it will be water under the bridge but if there is a "warranty" issue I will be most unhappy.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Warwick will do the right thing - their customer service is somewhat legendary.

We'll see this week!!!

4. Pokerstar

Pokerstar Supporting Member

Media:
    Please keep us posted - curious about the resolution.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Disclosures:
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can **** off
    Very cool

7. bigsnaketex

I have sent in the RMA form and am waiting to hear back. I truly, madly, deeply hope this gets resolved. . .

8. bigsnaketex

Just heard back from Warwick (or at least US Music) and they have issued me a RMA to replace my bass.

I'm glad I had faith that companies would still stand behind their products!

9. bigsnaketex

Happy Days......got my new bass today from Warwick and it is perfect!

I love great customer service.......now Warwick has a customer for life!