1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Truss Rod Broken - Brand New Corvette$$

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by bigsnaketex, Jan 20, 2014.

1. bigsnaketex

bigsnaketex Supporting Member

I has posted back on 1-13-14 about my "Just-a-Nut" dying on my new Warwick.

I e-mailed Warwick on 1-14-14 about the nut situation and have not heard back from them yet.

I had contacted the on 12-10-13 right after I had purchased the bass about 2 tuners that were malfunctioning and one saddle that did not have the set screw to adjust the height and they immediately sent me replacements for those.

So last night, I go out to my shop and take my bass out of its case so I can measure to cut me a new bone nut since I'm now figuring that they're not going to send me a new nut. . . . It was then that I noticed that the new was bowed badly.

So I popped open the truss rod nut access cover and inserted the wrench and it just spun freely.

Obviously the truss rod is broken.

This is a brand new bass. . . I'm sick. I haven't had a chance to even play it yet.

So I e-mailed service@warwick.de once more and told them of the problem. . . I'm praying that they will respond to this one but in case they do not, is there an e-mail address for Warwick in the USA that I could contact?

I'm a bit frustrated at this point and would like some kind of resolution to get started before the bad taste in my mouth becomes worse!
  2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Bigsnake,

Sorry to hear your trouble. Who did you contact other than service@warwick.de? You can call us here at the NY Custom Shop and talk with our shop technician right now if you like and we will get this sorted out. (212) 777-6990

All the best,

Mike
    Warwick USA
  3. bigsnaketex

I finally got an e-mail and am starting the RMA process.

I was so very happy to be a part of the Warwick family and I've just had a string of bad luck.

Of course, "stuff" happens. . . and as long as it gets fixed it will be water under the bridge but if there is a "warranty" issue I will be most unhappy.

But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Warwick will do the right thing - their customer service is somewhat legendary.

We'll see this week!!!
  4. Pokerstar

Pokerstar

Please keep us posted - curious about the resolution.
  5. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core Supporting Member

Very cool
  6. bigsnaketex

I have sent in the RMA form and am waiting to hear back. I truly, madly, deeply hope this gets resolved. . .
  7. bigsnaketex

Just heard back from Warwick (or at least US Music) and they have issued me a RMA to replace my bass.

I'm glad I had faith that companies would still stand behind their products!
  8. bigsnaketex

Happy Days......got my new bass today from Warwick and it is perfect!

I love great customer service.......now Warwick has a customer for life!