1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Trussart Steelcaster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VarlotTheHarlot, Jan 19, 2014.

1. VarlotTheHarlot

VarlotTheHarlot

Discuss!

I've checked, there hasn't been a thread in a while.

So, what's the opinion on these basses? Like the look/idea?

Anyone played one or even own one?

What's the tone like from a metal bass? (Get your best bass for metal jokes in here)

I think they are stunning looking bass'. I'd love to own one, but for 5-6k I'd definitely be in trouble!

Maybe one day:p
  2. eloann

eloann Supporting Member

I have a Loïc Le Pape, which is incidentally for sale

[​IMG]

The tone is solid with singing non-harsh overtones - I should make samples some day. No noise at all from single coils since the whole body is shielding. Not the lightest nor the heaviest bass around at ~4.4kg.
  3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Weight will be an issue. Metal can produce decent tone just ask regal and dobro- but those are hollow and still weigh a ton!
  4. VarlotTheHarlot

VarlotTheHarlot

But I bet we aren't in the same country eloan.

Also I'm not allowed to buy a new bass this month :p

She's nice though.
  5. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

6. bottomend!

bottomend!

I tried out a few of these basses at the recent NAMM show. Very impressive feel overall ( on the heavy side of course!)and great sounding as well (what I could hear in the mayhem that is NAMM, that is). The shop is located about 1/2 mile from my house so I've got to get over there and give 'em a real audition...
  7. faivy

faivy Supporting Member

I own and play a Rusty Steelcaster. It is the only Active bass I own. P/J config. The weight isn't bad and the sound and playability is excellent. Mine has a bound neck. I'm not sure why he does not do that too often. Well worth 3K compared to other custom builds.