Trying something new for live rig

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by 1Drop, Dec 31, 2012.

1. 1Drop

1Drop

Hey guys! So I have a gbe 1200 and two gb 2x12 cabs. I prefer to run both cabs, even when its overkill, which is pretty much all the time. I stack the cabs with the bottom one upright and the top one on its side. The big benny is having that second speaker hitting me about mid back. gigging tonight but my second cab is in another town and I have no time to go get it. I've been using a jbl prx112 for practices this week and I really like how it cuts through the mix. So I'm wondering if its possible to run my one gb cab with the powered prx on top? What would be the best way to do this. I assumed it would be bass>1/4 input on the prx>1/4 output prx> to instrument input on the gbe head.

Is there any reason this would cause problems for the FOH sound man? or is there a better way to run this?

TIA!

shoot just realized there is no 1/4 "out from the prx, I'd have to find a XLR>1/4 cable somehow today, assuming this not a really bad idea.

2. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

Bass>gbe
    Direct out (pre or post, depending)>prx

3. 1Drop

1Drop

Then FOH is getting my signal from the prx, will that be ok?

Thanks!

I also use a boss effects pedal with two outs, could I use one out to PRX and one to gbe?

4. nutdog

nutdog Supporting Member

The pedal out would work.

Are you currently sending direct out from the amp to FOH? I think, and I could be wrong, the out from the prx would just be a pass through of that signal. If it is pre the your prx would just be amplifying a dry signal. If post you would be sending a wet signal to the board, which may or may not be ok.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TimmyP

TimmyP

Unless you keep the volume low, you will likely have problems with the monitor's woofer farting out. Best to use the monitor alone (with the bottom rolled off) for mids and highs, and the subs leakage onto the stage for the lows.

7. 1Drop

1Drop

Well I didn't need much volume out of it at all, so it ended up working quit well. Glad to know this is an option in tight spaces, and when I'm feeling lazy!!!

Thanks for the help folks!