Trying to Find A Good Clean Boost Pedal And other Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JakeBass92, Mar 3, 2014.

1. JakeBass92

JakeBass92

Hi i have been playing bass for quite a few years now and played in a band for five year and would like to start experimenting with pedals. I would love some input on what people think the essentials are. i play rock and also worship at church. I know for sure i would like a clean boost of some shorts something that is transparent to my tone and just give me that extra kick for driving parts and solos. Also thinking a Dunlop Bass wah. Any help and oppinions are very appreciated. Thanks:bassist:
  2. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

I use the markbass mini boost pedal, and it serves it's purpose very well.
    I never use the filter knob, leave it at 0, as it adds a scoopy sound that I don't like.

for pure clean boost though, it works great! very small, too.

Add's a little bit of Bingo! when used with the tonehammer pedal, I like it.
  3. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

He MXR MicroAmp is very good for clean boost. The boost on the zoom MS-60b is also nice and clean. I also use an xotic EP booster and it is more colored, although still pretty transparent. I didn't like the EP booster at 9 volts but I like it a lot at 18 volts. The MXR is the way to go for easy use and most transparent, in my experience.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo I like turtles. Supporting Member

Best clean boost ever.

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Guinness20

Guinness20

tc electronic mini spark fr clean boost.
  7. sketch

sketch

I've personally used/had the MXR micro amp, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, and a clone Super Hard On.

I like the FB3 the best. Aside from practical improvements with the enclosure that make it easier to change batteries, it gives you a huge amount of control... Treble/bass EQ and a gain dial, alongside the usual Volume. It can do the sounds of the others, they can't do the FB3.
  8. sketch

sketch

"I would love some input on what people think the essentials are."

Oh, for me on bass,
    1. Tuner- I have BOSS TU-2, and a TC Electronic Polytune mini.
    2. Actually that is the only essential.

Standard answer...
    Tuner, fuzz, phaser/modulation, and filter (like wah).
    I've tried to incorporate synth, delay, pitch shift, and many other effects, but they just don't work with any of my bands or gigs.
  9. JakeBass92

JakeBass92

Thanks guys i will check these out