Trying to find a right bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bssie, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Bssie

Bssie

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find myself a good bass to play melodic hardcore on (Heart in Hand, For the fallen Dreams, The Ghost Inside, Parkway Drive). Can anyone help me out on this? I have no idea where to look for something like it..

Thanks!
  2. ericdanger13

ericdanger13

Ibanez soundgears are decent basses for the price. Not to be rude but can i assume breakdowns and downstep tuning.
  3. Bssie

Bssie

Yep, CGCF and breakdowns is pretty much the idea ;) The music is pretty technical aswell though. Well not all of it, but what we are writing at the moment is;) Thanks!
  4. Bssie

Bssie

By the way, I am just checking out the Ibanez website, but I have no clue which category would suit the music..
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ericdanger13

ericdanger13

Sdgrs are going to be fine. I would tell you to find a used sr600.
  7. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Media:
    Rickenbacker 4001 FL
  8. Immigrant

Immigrant

Win!:D

OP, honestly just get a decent five string and slap some heavy strings on it. Ibbys are OK for that, and that's hard for me to say because I really don't like Ibby SRs below the 700 series.
  9. ChuckTrucks

ChuckTrucks

Honestly for deathcore you need a Spector NS-4 to get that growl and punch underneath all the drop tuned guitars and hard hitting bass drums. Lots of maple with EMG active humbuckers.

Or perhaps a nice Roscoe with Bartolini Soapbars, ash body, a nice walnut top and a wenge wedge neck.
  10. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

Buy the cheapest bass and best amp you can with your money, and buy used.
  11. Wallace320

Wallace320

It's a volume only mahogany neckthru bass, if memory serves, but, avoiding the "signature hype", honestly you can dial very same sound off an SRX 360, sporting same mahogany body, PFR pickups and AccuCast bridge, but bolt on and pricing less than $. 360.00/$. 400.00

Cheers,
    Wallace
  12. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Dingwall ABZ Player Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Any bass with proper technique will work.
  13. Bssie

Bssie

Thanks for all the reactions guys, atleast now I have something to look for ;)

1 more question though, are there any specific features form which I can see that this is the kind of bass I am looking for?
  14. Wallace320

Wallace320

Those are super polepieced passive humbuckers with active two band electronics thru mahogany bodies.

So the only limit is that, without proper pedalboard or dedicate
    fxchain, these are monovoiced rumblin' basses
    They can roar like thunder, but with very low definition, unless
    you at least play'em by picks...

They're the best for everything "'core", even if, for melodic hardcore, I really prefer my Ibanez RD900

But it's impossible to find new... it's a 2005 model and, to stay VIP, was, together with ATK series, the bass played by Greg Kriesel from OffSpring, so you see... way more melodic.

Cheers,
    Wallace