Trying to Maintain a Smooth Plucking Rhythim..

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by morbid_bean, Jun 25, 2013.

1. morbid_bean

morbid_bean

Greetings everyone!

Long time lurker of the forum, kind of a new member..

Been playing Bass for about a Year and Half, teaching myself everything up to this point.

I mostly pluck with my fingers. I seem to have developed this problem when I will play a Rhythm of notes..

Example Riff.: E: 5---5---5---5--------4---4---4---4--------3---3-- and so on...

I can keep the timing going pretty well, but have an issue where the power of my pluck alternates, thus making one note sound louder/softer than the next....

Anyone got tips on fixing this?
  2. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Check out the links below, each part builds on the previous one to give you a better feel and understanding of how your finger move and how your brain can relate to that movement.

As for the difference in the fingers, that will sort itself out through playing more extensive material, such as using string crossings. I never have, and never teach, anyone to be bothered about such matters. So long as the note is correct then how it sounds will develop over time through use.
    It is not worth wasting time isolating and trying to fix,what you hear as a problem, that time will fix in the long run.
    Check out the exercises, they will help if you intergrate there framework into your practice.

You will out grow them, once they have served there purpose you can leave them alone or develop them into another more extended use.....as in parts 2 and 3. :)

Bass Trilogy

Pt.1