1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tube preamp and a tube preamp pedal....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dredmahawkus, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    OK I am new to this....I have an amp with a tube preamp. the mb fusion.....If I were to buy a tube preamp pedal would it make it more tubey? or more muddy and distorted? whats the effect of adding tube preamp to a tube preamp?

how about adding a markbass tube compressore? or a regular keeley compressor to the tube preamp? I am looking for more tube warmth......before I save up for my orange ad200b

2. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

If you're hell bent on the Orange, I'd say just save up for that and stop worrying about the warmth until then. You'll have more warmth than you know what to do with at that point :).

If you really need it now, most pedals that will warm your signal without turning it to mush should do the same for your rig. Emphasis on 'most' and 'should'. Your MB is small enough that you should be able to drag it down to a shop and see if those pedals enhance or detract from the tone you're hunting.

Good Luck to ya.