1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tune TBJ41 Bass Maniac

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by loopee, Dec 29, 2012.

1. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

Thinking of getting one of those....read all the threads on it (not a whole lot of info) so I'd like to hear from someone who has one......this is a Korean build....

1. How heavy is it?
    2. String spacing?
    3. Since the top horn stops at the 14th fret, does that make reaching for the F a little harder...in other words, does it make the neck seem longer than 34" scale?

Also interested in possibly getting a Tune WOB4 Fretless and the same questions would apply to that one too....thanks for your help

LP
  2. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

no one has one?
  3. Tvrtko

Tvrtko

I have TWB53FM and I think it's way superior guitar to anything that costs 3 times more. That WOB4 is killer guitar. If you can get it, it's incredible instrument.
  4. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

thanks Tvrtko......I'm really thinking of getting the WOB4....though I wanted a 5 string, I since found out that the 5 is 19mm string spacing and I prefer 17.5mm so I'll just get a 4 string for now.....
  5. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

no one else can comment?
  6. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

OK.....received my Tune TBJ41 Bass Maniac a few days ago and I'm impressed.....lightweight, set it up with a low action and it plays like butter with no buzzing....will change the strings to flats asap...it has a nice slim neck and the fretwork is excellent.....it does neck dive a little which I dislike since I have a problem with my back and neck but I got a good leather strap so I don't notice it too much but I wouldn't be able to do a whole set with it but then I usually only play short scales when I gig or jam but I wanted to try out a long scale bass and really don't like the Ibby sound......

Has anyone put flats on this Bass yet?

edit:
    I put some flats on it (I had some Fender Flats on hand)....and it sounds wonderful and the action is even lower now...just as I like it...
  7. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani

There is a Tune bass club here. Check it out.
  8. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007

Sorry I just saw your post. These are amazing basses, unkown by many, but it is their loss. I have an early japanese white 4 string maniac, and a newer Korean red 5 string maniac. Both have been played professionally, and always come to my gigs as a backup bass. I also bring these out on thursday night blues jams, when I don't want anyone soiling my new stringson my high end or vintage basses. I keep black flats on the 4 string, and everyone seems to enjoy them!