Tuning Change in GP6?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Jipley0, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Jipley0

Jipley0

Hey all!
    Due to computer changes (mostly my main computer deciding to turn itself into a doorstop) I've had to move on from my beloved Guitar Pro 5. One of my favorite features of this program was being able to take downtuned 4-string tabs and transpose them automagically onto a 5-string template, transposing without goofing everything up horribly. I've only been messing around with GP6 for a few hours now and can't seem to figure out how to do the same. :crying:

Help? Thanks!

2. bread_crumbs

bread_crumbs

You can change the string count by pressing F6.

To change tuning go to the left menu and select the icon of a guitar (2nd option) and then change the tuning. Once the tuning has been set a two V marks will appear under the tuning section, select the one that has - and +, that will change the frets but not the notes. :smug:

3. Jipley0

Jipley0

That's what I've been trying to do, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I'm expecting it to actually transpose (open D in drop D tuning moving to the 3rd fret of the B string) but instead it completely gets rid of the note by moving it down two frets from 0 and I end up losing over half the song.

4. Jipley0

Jipley0

Bump? Still having this issue.

5. Register to disable this ad