1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tuning Change in GP6?

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Jipley0, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Jipley0

Jipley0

Nov 25, 2013
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Hey all!
    Due to computer changes (mostly my main computer deciding to turn itself into a doorstop) I've had to move on from my beloved Guitar Pro 5. One of my favorite features of this program was being able to take downtuned 4-string tabs and transpose them automagically onto a 5-string template, transposing without goofing everything up horribly. I've only been messing around with GP6 for a few hours now and can't seem to figure out how to do the same. :crying:

Help? Thanks!

2. bread_crumbs

bread_crumbs

Apr 27, 2013
    You can change the string count by pressing F6.

To change tuning go to the left menu and select the icon of a guitar (2nd option) and then change the tuning. Once the tuning has been set a two V marks will appear under the tuning section, select the one that has - and +, that will change the frets but not the notes. :smug:

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Jipley0

Jipley0

Nov 25, 2013
    Edmonton, Alberta
    That's what I've been trying to do, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I'm expecting it to actually transpose (open D in drop D tuning moving to the 3rd fret of the B string) but instead it completely gets rid of the note by moving it down two frets from 0 and I end up losing over half the song.

5. Jipley0

Jipley0

Nov 25, 2013
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Bump? Still having this issue.