1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tuning Limitations with Hipshot Double Stop Detuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Jun 19, 2011.

1. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Hi guys,

I have been considering getting a Hipshot BT3 Bass Xtender (BT3 > Store > Hipshot Products) to put on my latest build (a five string Jaguar copy) and was reading on the website about the double stop feature.

I was wondering if anybody here had one of the double stop Xtenders and used it to go both higher and lower than the B on a five string? Ideally, I would like to be able to go between C, B and A. This would mean that B would be in the middle position.

Has anybody got any experince with this?

Thank you :)
  2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

now that's slick!

they added a set-screw in there, to give you a tuneable third spot between "all the way up" and "all the way down".

considering that with the regular drop-tuner even an E string can be set to go down to C, and a B (having lower tension) will change pitch more with the same distance movement, i'm sure the 3-way version could do just what you're asking.
  3. dbassdan

dbassdan

Ive set up mine on all four strings with b in the middle on the low, then i can go up a tone to c# or down a tone to A, works well.