Tuning Limitations with Hipshot Double Stop Detuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BruceBass3901, Jun 19, 2011.

1. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Hi guys,

I have been considering getting a Hipshot BT3 Bass Xtender (BT3 > Store > Hipshot Products) to put on my latest build (a five string Jaguar copy) and was reading on the website about the double stop feature.

I was wondering if anybody here had one of the double stop Xtenders and used it to go both higher and lower than the B on a five string? Ideally, I would like to be able to go between C, B and A. This would mean that B would be in the middle position.

Has anybody got any experince with this?

Thank you :)

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

now that's slick!

they added a set-screw in there, to give you a tuneable third spot between "all the way up" and "all the way down".

considering that with the regular drop-tuner even an E string can be set to go down to C, and a B (having lower tension) will change pitch more with the same distance movement, i'm sure the 3-way version could do just what you're asking.

3. dbassdan

dbassdan

Ive set up mine on all four strings with b in the middle on the low, then i can go up a tone to c# or down a tone to A, works well.