1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Twanger boat… a document

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by fnordlyone, Jan 19, 2014.

1. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

10:49 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
    You’re not paying for it ****er. What do you care. It’s a boat. It float on water. And it takes you into the back country of the world you’ve never seen. **** an Ampeg. You’re not seeing the big picture here.

Smoke pot, glide on water, explore the world around you. It’s a wrestling picture for ****s sake.

On Jan 18, 2014, at 10:43 PM, fnord wrote:

A boat with a P and an ampeg SVT? I'm in! Willing to meet you half way (it's killing me inside, though…)
    f

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:34 PM
    Come on. Surely you can’t argue with the idea of a boat. This state is 2/3 water for Bob’s sake!

On Jan 18, 2014, at 10:20 PM

Oh, for SVT, sake!

On Sat, J
    Besides, I have all the gear a non working musician needs, plus. How many guitars can one man play.

Next up a bike, then a boat. A man needs a variety of toys. It’s the spice of life.

Too late. Just bought a new car today. Cycle next. You only live once.

B

Close your eyes and imagine all the P-Basses and Stingrays and Ampeg and Hartke cabs… For SVT Sake!
    Be reasonable and blow your money on gear only;)
    f n o r d !
    to bryan
    well, you know, I just try to guide my best friend in the right directions…
    it is a totally selfless enterprise;]
    a boat without bass=no pussy

bryan Fusilier
    11:13 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
    No pussy is the story of my life. I can’t imagine a bass making any difference.

It’s a boat for ****s sake. You’ve got a better chance of getting laid with a boat (especially in this part of the world) than flunking around on a bass. A MUCH better chance. It’s pussy, it’s not that discerning. It just wants a good time.

Charles Cox
    11:26 PM (1 hour ago)

to bryan
    I just might have to post that on TalkBass. If I ever fork over the $20 to be a Supporting Member, I do believe that your insight on the less than sexy aspect of being a bassist will reside under whatever stupid picture I decide to represent the fnord.
    Another pretty boy guitarist with a boat has put us back liners in place…Touche!

f n o r d !
  2. Huge

Huge Hell is full of musical amateurs. Like me. Supporting Member

I have no idea what's happening here.
  3. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

I tried, but failed to talk a twanger out of buying a boat for his mid life crisis. I merely requested bass gear in its stead. The time line goes backwards until the end, MOMENTO style (this though is a document of Americana, I couldn't make this up).
    fnord!