1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tweeter help for single 12" cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Nate74, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nate74

Nate74 Supporting Member

I got a Dr. Bass 112LF for dirt cheap a while back. The Celestion BN12-300S that is in it and wired full range sounds pretty good with my electric but is lacking a little high end clarity with my upright. I'd like to add a tweeter and crossover but have limited space on the cabinet's baffle. Anything larger than a 3" overall diameter won't fit, which rules out A LOT of the options I'm seeing. In fact, none of the "pro audio" tweeters on parts-express are small enough but I've found several in the "home audio" section that would work.

Any advice on which to use? What to look for?

Would this work?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=277-086

I'm thinking a crossover point of around 3.5kHz and an L-Pad?

Thanks in advance.
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Remember also, anything you put inside the cab, will change the internal volume, and thus, the cab's tuning. I would guess at the least, you would lose some of the cab's low end extension.
  3. Nate74

Nate74 Supporting Member

The tweeters I'm looking at maybe will be 1 or 2 in2 on the inside of the cab, so any effect they have on the cabs tuning will be negligible. My biggest worry is will such a small tweeter be audible in this setup.