1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tweeter upgrade? Help!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mattbass97, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Is it possible to upgrade a tweeter in my rumble 350 combo so that it is able to withstand fuzz pedals? I've noticed I'm burning up my current one from using fuzz but I love the sound I get when using a tweeter, anyway around this?

Thanks
  2. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Yes it's up to you what horn tweeter you fit, does it have a level control,
    Or L PAD, anyway bucking the current trend for downsizing
    a little, I don't think your rumble 350 with any kind of pedal would blow this horn tweeter:
    [​IMG]
    Better safe than sorry!:D:bag:
  3. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

I got $50 that says that was developed in the UK!
  4. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Use a low pass filter, speaker simulator or electronic crossover to filter off >3.5Khz before your effects signal hits the amp.

If you make this switchable by foot, effectively you could have your full range tone or a your low passed tone for fuzz.
  5. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Thanks guys and great horn haha, I had a quick fiddle about and was able to still have the sound I like I without the tweeter on. Bit of eq here and there sussed out the problem! Thanks!