1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Twilight (yeah, I know...)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Nov 17, 2012.

1. runmikeyrun

runmikeyrun

For a series that I really wanted to hate, it actually wasn't that bad. It's not something that I would have seen without a date (I missed seeing Red Fang to see Breaking Wind errr.. Dawn part 2) but all in all it wasn't terrible. Yeah it's not a horror movie, yeah the characters have 0 emotion, and yeah the CGI was terrible, but was it worth 10 bucks? I suppose.

I think the best part of the experience was all the Twilight moms screaming stuff when good guys got killed lol.
  2. carlos840

carlos840

You should run...
  3. hover

hover

4. SoonerMatt

SoonerMatt It looks like a mira- IT'S IN THE HOLE! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Fuzzhugger(fx)
  5. line6man

line6man

Call me a cheap***, but no movie is worth that kind of money. I wait for the DVD to come out, then wait until I can get the DVD for a reasonable price.
  6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Fail. Big time.
  7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow

Pretty much this.

You missed out on a Red Fang show to see a Twilight movie? Dude, I don't care how hot she was, man-card NOW!
  8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler Supporting Member

9. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I made it through about 10 minutes of the first one. The acting was so terrible and cheesy that I couldn't watch it. Don't care at all to continue with the series.
  10. AmpedSilence

AmpedSilence

I fell into the GF trap of "lets go see it!". The after show was worth it imo :cool:

Seriously though, we both agreed, this series is a major cash cow. Each film is drawn out and nothing that couldn't be condensed to 30 minutes could be worth the 1hr plus film :meh:
  11. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

I heard the new Lincoln movie is a real hit in the theater. A bit of a mind blower.......
  12. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

13. MakiSupaStar

14. MakiSupaStar

:D
  15. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

16. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Not if he got some.

Ha!
  17. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Saw Twilight with a friend yesterday! That is one funny a** movie! I'd say it was worth the $10 but only because I was able to sit there and yuck it up with a friend for an hour and a half or so. It's pretty hilarious how Edward and Bella are the least compelling characters in the entire movie. Now, that said, I think I love Robert Pattinson (this it just too great: http://jezebel.com/5961320/robert-pattinson-is-the-biggest-twilight-hater-of-all) as a person and I hope that outside of Twilight he's actually a decent actor. Lawd knows, Kristen Stewart ain't.

Breaking Dawn Part 2 is, without question, a crap movie, but I got way more enjoyment out of it than I ever thought possible. I'd be willing to bet that it's considerably better than the previous installments as well.
  18. hover

hover

Wow Kwesi, that interview collage video gave me new respect for him, nice.

I'll admit, my only other knowledge of Mr. Patterson was in the Harry Potter movie, and I actually thought him quite good in that...and before you cry foul and revoke my mancard for that, it was a bonding thing with my daughter, and actually was pretty decent standalone fantasy in its own right, unlike the Twilight drek.
  19. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

So... it's true? :bag:
  20. Lady Kayri

Lady Kayri

Team Thomas (Dresden Files reference) here. From what I've heard the Twilight movies would be great to watch if they were given the Mystery Science Theater treatment!