1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Two Amps - One Cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Diegol, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Diegol

Diegol

Hey

Just wondering if i can run my v4b and GK 700 both into a switch that selects between the two and run them through a GK RBH.

They won´t run simultaniously, that's what the switch is for

THX
  2. Timmah

Timmah

I Think it isn't a good idea. Im no amp guru, but it has been said around here that you can't run an all tube amp (like the v4b) with no speaker load, and I assume that's what the switch would be doing in effect.
  3. Arthur Strand

Arthur Strand

I would refrain from running 2 amps into one cab even though there is a switch unless there is a safety switch as well. Otherwise use them totally separately - although I see little reason for the change. The one amp should suffice for your level and status so choose the most appropriate model for the job..
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Honestly bad idea.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

It can be done. The GK will be happy when switched into an open load but the V4B will need to see a dummy load even while idle. If the switch ever fails you can probably kiss both of your amps goodbye.,

As Mr B opined: Honestly bad idea.
  6. KrisHayes

KrisHayes

No! Do not attempt. Typical cabs aren't wired to received two different loads!
  7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Doing this could result in death to both amps. There are switchers made for a spkr load, but the Ampeg needs a load on AT ALL TIMES, so honestly, I would also advise against this.
  8. Diegol

Diegol

Hey

thx a lot... I found the tonebone headbone vs.. Will this help?

It can run both tube and transistor amp into one cab
  9. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

I used to run two SVT350H solid state heads into an ampeg 810. IIRC, I ran one head into each 410 section. I was running both heads at once though. Gigged it twice, wasn't impressed. I'd listen to the other guys in this thread, I was young and stupid :D

[​IMG]
  10. nysbob

nysbob

Go ahead and do it.

You've been warned repeatedly it's not a good a idea, because it isn't.