1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Two FCs?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by salcott, Dec 14, 2013.

1. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

I find myself with an extra Full Circle pickup, and am thinking of putting it on the G foot of my Merchant Vertical Bass and running the two through a little mixer I found in my bass stash. Has anybody tried this? The only problem I can see at this time would be phase issues.
  2. MR PC

MR PC

Haven't tried it with the FC, but I did try it on my EUB with two Bass Max pu's, as well as with two individual Underwood elements. Used JDI direct boxes to a mixer with independent phase switches for both pickups.

Lots of phase issues.
  3. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

That's what I figured. A bit of down time makes one look for things to futz with, and since the ol' VBass needs a partial teardown to deal with a couple of other issues, I came up with that little scheme. Never mind.
  4. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC Supporting Member

Interesting. The phase issues likely stem from the individual differences in the elements within each FC. If you could actually put both FCs in the same spot, you'd likely still experience the phase issues. If you calculate the travel time of the relevant frequencies through the bridge (I detailed this in a post somewhere), then the phase disparities would be inconsequential when measured across the two bridge feet.