Two men sentenced in brutal attack on Giants fan

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Feb 20, 2014.

1. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

The two guys who attacked Brain Stow got sentenced today. One received 4 years and the other 8 years. One could be released immediately. I'm usually not a vindictive person but this one got to me.
    Neither of them showed any remorse and one of the defendants sat smirking at the family of Brian Stow. I'm thinking really evil thoughts right now.:mad:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2-admit-guilt-dodger-stadium-200223371--mlb.html
  2. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    It was a brutal, thuggish, stupid attack that left a good man (paramedic, father of young kids) with severe brain damage, comatose for months, and unable to function normally for the rest of his life.

I am really working on having compassion for all beings, but some humans (like these two) make that really difficult for me to achieve.
  3. slobake

Well said. I"m not proud about how I feel about these guys but I do wish another inmate would viscously beat them until they are incapacitated for life. At least then they wouldn't be a danger to the public.
  4. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

no you don't...not really...that's one of the things i like about you is your obvious compassion....and since these two don't deserve any compassion, if you cool off and think about it, you'll just wish (like i do) that they had gotten more time

that said, if there are some giants fans in that prison...could be trouble

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

I also feel the same. These guys should have been given a lot more time.
    BTW, after this brutal beating of what appears to be a very good man, my wife does not want to attend any more games at Dodger Stadium.
  7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

They got off light, IMO. We also stopped attending Dodgers games after this. Not that we attended a lot of them, but we would always take my inlaws from Japan to see the Dodgers when they were in town. I only wish the best ....

beatings for these two. A nice healthy dose of karma would do them justice.
  8. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

I'm beginning to believe that we need to bring back Lex Talionis to deter idiots from doing things like this. Society is going down hill quickly.
  9. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Potential for them to get another 10 years for other offences, going by the article.

No matter how much time they get behind bars, it's sadly not going to help their victim or his family.

Scumbags.
  10. slobake

Stewie and Makki, I'm sorry to hear that. Although I hate the Dodgers ;) I do respect the new ownership. I hope things are better at the stadium than they were under the Mcourts. The team is certianly a lot better.
  11. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Sellout ;)

Really, under our legal system there was no comparable way to punish these two guys. I'm glad they caught the culprits, that's about it. No good news out of this story
  12. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

I heard that the new owners increased the security at the stadium but wife rather watch the games in the comfort of our home. Perhaps I can get her to go this upcoming season. We will see. BTW...Go Dodgers! .:ninja:.
  13. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

You should have seen the state of English football in the 70's and 80's. This kind of thing was rife pretty much every weekend, sadly.